10.27.2008

Electric Halloween: Year V

2008 marked our fifth year throwing the much anticipated Electric Halloween bash in SLC. Historically we find a different venue every year, and each time it seems to be a challenge to find the right spot. With little to no research, and a few connections(thanks Jeff) we landed upon THE PEARL this October. Great place, perfect size, endless flow of booze. Fun was had by all for sure.

I am usually guilty of planning far in advance of how detailed my costume will be. But, as the years have passed so has my surplus of time. The day of the party, a crew of us decided we were going as Ninjas. However, part of this "crew" was TJ. Anyone that knows TJ will attest to the fact that he is the biggest little kid we know. With that said, he is a huge advocate of a few things: Anything Disney, Star Wars, Tattoos, and Martial Arts. So there was going to be no "costume" shopping. We were going to find the real deal. After a few calls TJ had a lead on a martial arts supply where REAL Ninjas, go to buy REAL Ninja kits. I was on my way to meet TJ and his better half KC at the DOJO supply. When I rolled in they had the owner believing that they were buying these to actually use and not for a costume. I guess that all went out the window when I tried the shoes on only to look over at Teej and say "Fuck, I feel like I could kick your face off with these things!" Cat was out of the bag at that point but I think the owner was so stoked that he had his first day making $500 in retail sales that he didn't give a shit either. After I was in $80 deep on an Authentic Ninja suit, I was informed that the other 4 ninjas consisted of 2 couples. At that point I dubbed myself the 5th Ninja, black sheep of the crew for sure.

After a few hours of Chris, Dubs, Jalapeno Pena, and I setting up the Pearl we were ready for some action. DJ Jazzy Jeff and Lurch the Banana rolled up to pilot the 1's and 2's, we were hitting the GO button! We had a great turnout considering how much planning time we had. Everyone had an epic time and some looked so intoxicated that they might not ever recoup their memories. I myself stayed sober just in case we had to deal with any issues so I was able to witness people at their worst going down in a blaze of glory. That shit is priceless! There were some great costumes in attendance. Highlights include: Super Sperm, Lego Lady, Pats Banana, Katie as Deb, Brock's 1930's Strongman tribute. Note to the attendees: Ninja Turtles are played, there can't be 50 of you. Below are a few gems, for the rest click here, courtesy of Bruns. See you in 09 bitches.

The 5th Ninja

Katie, Alana, Myself, Jalapeno

Super Sperm


The Furious 5. We might look scary, but TJ is the only one you have to worry about actually putting this kit to work.

Pat tries to break up the pseudo feud between Raphael#15(Stevie Bell) and Ninja(TJ)

The Bar was kickin

I had a guest scratching session courtesy of Jeff

Jalapeno Pena, Nate, and Chris with some rando Drunk biker in the background. Hopefully he didn't get an RUI.



Brock splitting TJ with his invisible Strong Man Muscles

No comments: