3.22.2009

Step One: Tank

I really feel that the centerpiece of my bike is going to be the tank. As luck would have it, Steven Stone happened to have one of these tanks sitting on the shelf of his buddies shop. Brock and I decided to take a little trip down there this weekend to scope things out and hopefully leave with a tank.

First and foremost, if you haven't heard of Steven Stone or his company Blacklist Visual, then you are in for a treat. In my opinion this cat takes some of raddest looking photos I have ever laid my eyes on. He rode a leg of the Steezy Riders Tour and took some sweet shots that Harley ended up using for their website, coincidentally they were all of Brock. His style is unmatched and I have the utmost respect for him. The best part is he is just a straight up legit dude. This weekend was the first time we had met in person but I swear we were homies in another life.

Anyways, we arrived at Grim Metal Worx and met up with Steven and the shop owner Sean. Sean is a super rad dude who is like an encyclopedia of Harley history, good guy to have in your corner. About a year ago he moved his fab shop into a bigger space and began his cycle salvage business. They have so many parts there its hard to fathom. Most of it is import stuff. Ryan, Matt, and Jordan; this is going to be your spot for any used parts you need. He can hook you up with that hard to find rectifier you have been searching high and low for. Whatever you need, there is a 99% chance he has it.

We explored the premises and talked shop for an hour or so. I checked out the tank that I had originally come for. It was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again Steven, I am stoked. I am sure we will be seeing you Grim boys very frequently in the near future.

The Salvage Yard, behind the train tracks for added street cred

My new tank. Pretty good shape for being 40 years old. So sweet!


3 comments:

Rob said...

you scored on that one, cap and all

theoldepro said...

i wish i would've known about this place when NOTHING on my cb250 would work for longer than a week at a time. i even see a few trail 90's in that pic. oh no......

Stone said...

Jake! Thanks, man! And stoked y'all rolled in... good to see Brock again, and rad to finally meet you, for sure! Gimme a call anytime y'all wanna swing in... shop nights are a pretty open and chill event, so bring your projects...